Thursday, June 19, 2008

Setbacks, or are they?

I had serendipitously had the opportunity to meet with an actor today, I was talking with a friend about my idea, when she chimed in and said she had a client in town from LA  and could set up a lunch meeting, I had mixed feelings about this as I am really not prepared to be that deep yet, but I figured I would just do it, and see where it took me... I thought it might be a good contact to have especially with a fat LA rolodex and access to agents, assistants, and such...  we had set a meet & greet lunch for today, and I had started to get a little more nervous, I have tons of ideas on how this business could grow in huge ways, but don't have any plans for getting there yet, just some long term goals, I was beginning to get more worried that I was not prepared for meeting this guy yet...  I got a phone call this morning that we would have to reschedule, there was an issue that popped up with my friend so she couldn't  make the lunch happen today...

I was a little relieved as I didn't yet have my composure , but it has certainly given me something to work on in the evenings.  I need to have my 30 second elevator spiel ready, and my longer plan for actual meetings...

Everything happens for a reason right :)

-Jason

No comments: